Betrayal in Chapter Nine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Betrayal in Chapter Nine

Post  Louie Spence (ARW) on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:03 am

Amir plants the watch and money under Hassan's pillowand frames him for theft.

Quotes:

1.)"Then I took a couple of the envelopes of cash from the pile of gifts and my watch, and tiptoed out." (Page 90)
2.)"I lifted Hassan's matress and planted my new watch and a handful of Afghani bills under it." (Page 91)
3.)"Long line of shameful lies." (Page 91)

Linguistic Techniques Used:

1.)The gifts he is given are only given to Amir because of him winning the kite tournament however the audience see the presents as 'blood money.' He is feeling very guilty at this point in the novel as he knows Hassan saw him and didn't do anything about it. Betrayal is also a massive theme in this particular section of the novel as young Amir intends to frame Hassan for a crime he hasn't commited. This betrays the friendship of the pair they have shared since they were both born.
2.)This shows a huge amount of betrayal between the pair as Amir is quite clearly trying to get his long-standing friend Hassan into a great amount of trouble which does eventually lead to the friends being seperated.
Louie Spence (ARW)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Betrayal in Chapter Nine

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:10 am

You show an accurate understanding of key character relationships and have chosen some relevant quotes.

Aims: You say linguistic terminology as a heading, but you don't mention any. You need to use your glossary and include the terms otherwise you will lose marks. You mention the theme, but not any techniques of language used to present it e.g. modifiers, interrogative sentences.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://llg1011.freeforumshosting.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top